- Removed branding; SPi-V is now free software
- Added fisheye as a projection for panoelements
- Improved compatibility with Firefox 3.x in newer Shockwave 11.5 builds
Shockwave 11.5 is now available from adobe.com. In combination with SPi-V 1.4.9, this release improves text rendering quality on all platforms. It also seems to be a lot more stable on OS X than the first Shockwave 11 release.
Shockwave 11.5 can be downloaded here:
- Works around the issue that Firefox 3 for OS X draws 3d content vertically offset
- Improves text rendering quality in Shockwave 11.5
- The _scenes_* lists would not stay in sync with the current scene, see here
- Fixed compatibility with Director/Shockwave 8.5
Buying a license for SPi-V has just become more affordable, and more straightforward. From now on, only one type of license is available for purchase; the unlimited license now lets you create your own file licenses, your own domain licenses, and it can be installed on individual computers like the former machine licenses. The new license type also has a new price point, to reflect changes in the industry.
The license tool now only supports one license type. This license type will allow you to make an unlimited number of file licenses, as well as domain licenses, and it will let you install the license to the computer the license tool is run on.
- Works around a bug in Shockwave 11 for OS X, which prevents earlier versions of SPi-V to run on Shockwave 11 for OS X
- Fixes preview layers for uielements
- Fixed a bug with value="=..." syntax
- Code optimisations
Shockwave 11 is now available from adobe.com. The release finally brings native support for Intel-based Macs.
Download Shockwave 11.
SPi-V dev has undergone a major update 'behind the scenes'. Some aspects of the site may behave strangely for the next couple of days, as I iron out the bugs introduced during the transition. Please report any strangeness here.
If you want to post a code snippet, please use a <code> tag instead of a <xml> tag from now on.
I have added a scene switcher scriptlet to the downloads page. When added to a tour with multiple scene nodes, it will switch to a random scene after a period of 60 seconds (configurable by editing the script).
If you want to use the scene switcher with the saver scriptlet, I advise you (re-)download the saver scriptlet; I have uploaded an updated version which behaves nicer when switching scenes.