- Optimised for SPi-V 1.4
- Files can now be opened by dragging them onto the SPi-V executable window
- Added CTRL+R (or Command+R) to reload the current file
I had planned to release SPi-V 1.4 during the conference in Berkeley, but during the preparations for my sessions I found two show-stopping bugs. I did not want to release a buggy version, only to release 1.4.1 in a couple of days later, so I decided to delay SPi-V 1.4. Things are now back on track (after some additional delays of a personal matter), and if no new bugs are found I will finally release SPi-V 1.4 next week.
- Fixed adaptive texture downscaling
- Fixed a bug causing sporadic errors when switching scenes
- Fixed a ramp bug that would sometimes manifest in the saver scriptlet
- added 'list' node, documentation to follow
- fixed loading file relative to root of a website (src="/...")
- fixed proportional offsets and for uielements
- fixed 1 pixel vertical offset on uielements
uielements would render 1 pixel too low on selected cards/drivers
- fixes for Shockwave externalEvent and evalScript
I am working against the clock to finish SPi-V 1.4 for the conference in Berkeley. It's starting to look good ;-)
- Fixed loading local files on OS X
- Fixed using SPi-V.dcr as LDM
- Fixed incompatibility with Shockwave 8.5
- Performance tweaks
- Fixed camera sometimes 'going wild' when starting to navigate the first time.
Due to unforeseen busy-ness, SPi-V 1.4 got delayed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
SPi-V 1.4 will be launched at the International VR Photography Conference in Berkeley.
- Fixed 'hitarea' (and meter picking) precission
- Optimised action queue (fixing 'nondisapprearing arrows' issue of the last beta)
- 'catchevent' property now settable for panoelement and uielement
- Fixed 'about'box popping up even when licensed
- Put SPi-V.dcr on a diet
- 'gradient' layers
- limit number of loops for ramp
same syntax as loop parameter for sound
- 'ready' event for panogroup and uigroup
fires when all elements in the group are ready
- added 'persistent' option to getProperty/setProperty
gets/sets values to internal xml document, so changes persist when moving between scenes.
- numerous fixes for the new downloader
- fixed 'resize-flash' in LDM
minor alteration of SPi-V init behavior required
- 'hotspots' no longer block navigation
- fixed potential memory leak changing scenes and loading new tours
Helge over at panoclub.de has just released a new version of JATC, a free tour builder for SPi-V and PurePlayer. It's a great application to link scenes together, with support for floorplans.
Here are the main changes to version 1.1.1:
- PurePlayerPro support
- map/floorplan for PurePlayerPro output (thx to 3rw1n)
- function for automatic hotspot calculation
- support for cylindrical panos
- gui control for map/floorplan. Toolbar (SPi-V), GUI.xml (PurePlayerPro)
- generation of preview images and embedding in tour
- autorun for SPi-V output
I have just uploaded the first SPi-V 1.4 beta. I'm pretty excited about the release, as it is just the beginning of a whole new series of beta release with many exciting new possibilities.